DIIGIIT ROBOTICS FORUM

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-16 10:26:22

username

DelTang for LGB model trains

Hi,
       I am very much interested in the deltang line of products for a deadrall large scale LGB/PLAYMOBIL indoor layout. I presently have 1 LGB and 3 Playmobil locomotives & I will add some more in the future. Would you be kind enough to indicate what products I will require to convert all 4 engines and have them roll on my tracks. Also, do you sell the batteries required to make the trains run?
Thank you in advance,

#2 2015-10-17 00:44:49

Diigiit Sales

Re: DelTang for LGB model trains

Hello username,

Diigiit does not have specific expertise with deadrall large scale LGB/PLAYMOBIL.

However I can give you a couple of informations:

Deltang receivers used for trains are presented under the sections "Surface Receivers" with names starting with Rx4 and Rx6. Since you are talking about large scale, I would probably look at the Rx6x receivers that have a larger amperage than Rx4x for motors. Please look at Deltang website and main table to decide how much current you need for your motors.

You should probably look for a Tx22, Tx24 or Tx72 transmitters since you can control up to 12 trains.

I think motor manufacturer such as Faulhaber are specialized on trains. We do not have these motors. We are also quite poor in terms of batteries for the moment.

I am going to forward this post to customer with more specific expertise as well as Deltang.

Quick question: where are you located?

#3 2015-10-17 00:57:02

username

BROSSARD QUEBEC
450-445-7928

#4 2015-10-17 01:04:25

Diigiit Sales

Ok,

Do you know Udisco store? They are located on Decarie blvd. and they have a very large selection of products for trains. I guess they can help you too.

#5 2015-10-18 18:32:23

DavidT

Hi. I make the DelTang products. I'm guessing Rx65-22 with Tx22 but my products are rated by voltage and current. Volts determine speed. Lipo voltages range from around 3.0v when flat to 4.2v fully charged (per cell). Current should be measured with the motor stalled at max voltage you intend using. I hope this helps.
Regards, David.

#6 2015-10-19 20:47:55

cvrail

I have had wonderful results converting my Locomotives to battery power. My favourite loco is a Bachmann 0-4-0 saddle tank.   I use a Tx22 transmitter and Rx60-22 receiver .  I also use 9.6 V NiCd battery for power.

#7 2015-10-20 04:42:29

cvrail

I would also add that the Tx22 transmitter can handle up to 10 loco motives each fitted with a Rx60-22 receiver.  The receiver is small and can be easily installed in any unit.  The procedure is very simple with only four leads.   Two positive and negative to the motor and two like wise to the battery.  I am not that well versed in electronics so it is easy for a novice like me to figure out.
The supplier has some simple diagrams that are easy to follow.
Beside my Bachmann 0-4-0  I have out fitted a locos with a playmobile, an aristocraft drive,  and a Bachmann rail truck.
The range for out door use is good for the average back yard.  However depending on the size of the layout the odd dead zone may happen if there is an obsticle in the way.
On u-tube there there is a fellow in the UK that has also installed the "Deltang" systems in his garden railway locos  and he has an excellent presentation.

Board footer